Not only your grandma can knit a sick sweater!
The Little Hippies Foundation is a Calgary-based organization that provides free yoga programs to kids who are sick, recovering, have Special Needs, or who come from low-income families. We do this by partnering with local organizations like The Alberta Children's Hospital, Inn from the Cold, and The Boys & Girls Club of Calgary. But we can't do it alone...
This winter, we are bringing our community (including Y O U !) together for a Knit-A-Thon to fundraise money to support these programs & mental health initiatives!
When: January 31st, 2016 10am-5pm
Where: Eau Claire Market Community Space
Who: Anyone + Everyone - No knitting experience required!
What: Knitting scarves, mitts, toques, etc. for 7-ish hours to raise money for The Little Hippies Foundation. Live local music + performers, warm drinks, and yummy food provided for participants.
All knitted goods will be donated to kids at Inn from the Cold and Journey House- a transitional housing unit for single mothers. (Can't finish? Don't worry! We have volunteers who will be finishing up all unfinished projects)
How to get involved:
SIGN UP AS A PARTICIPANT
1. Sign up to participate as a knitter at our Knit-A-Thon event by registering and creating your own, unique fundraising page.
2. Post about the cause on social media and encourage family & friends to participate or support you by pledging a donation! Use the hashtags #IAmALittleHippie and #LHKnitAThon for a chance to have your photo reposted on our website.
3. Join us on January 31st from 10am-5pm at the Eau Claire Market Community Space for the Knit-A-Thon! (directions will be e-mailed to participants)
4. All yarn, knitting needles, and everything you might need will be supplied. Just bring yourself, your friends, and get ready to knit!
OR SPONSOR A PARTICIPANT/ OUR PAGE
1. Find your friend's fundraising page and pledge a donation, or donate to this page - the Little Hippies General Fundraising Page.
Our goal is to raise $10,000 as a community for The Little Hippies Foundation so that we can support upcoming projects in 2016 and give every child the chance to reach their full potential.
Visit www.iamalittlehippie.org for more information about organizations we work together with in our community.
Thank you so much for supporting what we do! Let's make 2016 a big one!